COVID Winter Booster for adults 30+
July 7, 2022
ATAGI has just announced that adults aged 30+ years can receive a winter booster dose (4th dose) of a COVID-19 vaccine if it has been 3 months since your last vaccine or COVID-19 infection.
This is particularly recommended for patients aged 50+ years.
ATAGI also states that people previously eligible for a winter booster should receive one as soon as possible (if they have not already had one). This includes:
- all adults aged 65 years or older
- residents of aged care or disability care facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years or older
- people who are severely immunocompromised (this will be their fifth dose)
- people aged 16 years or older with a medical condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness
- people aged 16 years or older with disability, significant or complex health needs, or multiple comorbidities which increase the risk of a poor outcome.
We have only just been advised of this approval today and have ordered more vaccine supply. More vaccination clinic appointments will open as soon as supply arrives. If you can’t get an appointment straight away, please keep checking back. We will also notify you of increased appointment availability via Facebook and Instagram.
Please book online via COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer for the Booster Pfizer.