A comprehensive range of Travel Medicine services is available including Yellow Fever vaccination and malaria prevention. Dr Julie Blaze has over 25 years experience in Travel Medicine and a Certificate in Travel Health from the International Society of Travel Medicine. Dr Blaze regularly attends conferences to keep abreast of changes and progress in this area.
Travel Medicine and Vaccinations
Doctors and Bulli Medical Practice staff work together with Travelvax to deliver a current and comprehensive travel medicine service. Travelvax offers a convenient, one-stop service that is tailored to each individual’s personal needs and itinerary; for both individual and corporate travellers.
TropiMed provides the most up to date information for illnesses related to overseas travel. TropiMed is an information data base which customizes the best advice to ensure your next overseas journey is illness-free.
Travel Medicine services include:
- Full range of travel vaccinations (including Yellow Fever) stocked onsite
- Vaccination certification
- Travel medicine kits (including medications for gastrointestinal illnesses and antibiotics)
- Diving medicine examination.
When making an appointment for travel vaccinations please:
- Advise reception the appointment is for travel medicine, so you are booked in to see a doctor who specialises in this area.
- Allow six weeks before your departure date for the first visit to maximize vaccine coverage. This is not always possible but is ideal. We can still help you stay well while travelling whatever your departures date.
For the appointment:
- Bring details regarding the length of your trip, your accommodation and vacation activities. These are important factors when advising you regarding travel health. Bring your itinerary so that we can give you the best possible advice.
- Alert the doctor if you have any chronic illnesses, are allergic to anything or take any medications.
Fees and administration
- The initial consult fee is $108; a portion of this can be claimed from Medicare.
- If you have private insurance with pharmaceutical cover, you may be able to claim a portion of the vaccine costs.
A full range of Travel Kits is available for purchase which include medications for gastrointestinal illnesses, antibiotics and other prescription medicines that may help you manage your health while abroad.