New psychologist Dr Phoebe Carter
February 3, 2020
Dr Phoebe Carter, BA (Grad Dip Psych), D Psych (Clin)
Psych. Reg. Number PSY0001301306
Phoebe Carter is a clinical psychologist with advanced training and 12 years experience in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of psychological difficulties experienced by children and families. She is trained in:
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy, and
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
She works with clients of all ages and backgrounds who are experiencing depression, anxiety, stress, or low self-esteem. She is especially passionate about working with parents before and during pregnancy, and with children and their parents in early childhood. Phoebe’s therapeutic work is strongly influenced by attachment theory and family systems theories.
Her special areas of training and interest include:
- parent/child relationships
- challenging life transitions
- adjustment issues
- antenatal and postnatal depression and anxiety
- grief and loss issues in the perinatal period, and
- stress management.
Phoebe is available for appointments at Bulli Medical Practice on Wednesday 8am-2pm and Thursday 8am-2pm.
Contact: 0473 255 695.