Requests for Prescriptions
For regular medications, patients are encouraged to ensure that they have a sufficient number of repeat prescriptions before leaving the surgery. This ensures continuity of medication until their next scheduled visit.
Patients can request repeat prescriptions or via HotDoc online or via the telephone.
- This service is only available for existing patients.
- Requests for repeat prescriptions may take up to three business days to be processed. This is subject to your regular doctor consulting on the day of receiving the request and having approved the request on clinical grounds.
- Requests will only be completed by your regular doctor at the clinic. In the event, that your regular doctor is on leave you are required to make an appointment at the clinic to obtain your prescription.
- Prescriptions must be collected from the surgery
- Each prescription request is assessed by your doctor who will approve or decline the request on clinical grounds. If the request is declined, you will be advised to make an appointment in-person.
- A fee is charged for each request, which is to be paid on request via HotDoc.
- Repeat prescriptions for addictive medication including benzodiazepines and opiates are not provided using this service
- You may select more than one medication with each request.
- However, if your request is declined, you will receive an immediate refund.
- You must have seen your usual Doctor in the last three months.
- If you require an urgent prescription you must make an appointment to see a doctor.