Repeat Requests for Referrals
Referrals from general practitioners to medical specialists allow for the specialist consultation to be rebateable by medicare.
Patients can request repeat referrals by calling the practice or via HotDoc online or via the telephone
- It is unlawful to backdate referrals, doing so would breach the Commonwealth Health Insurance Act.
- We can only provide repeat referrals, you must have already seen the specialist previously.
- Your GP may not be able to provide a repeat referral if they have not seen you recently.
- Each referral request is assessed by your doctor who will approve or decline the request on clinical grounds. If the request is declined, you will be advised to make an appointment in-person.
- A fee is charged for each request, which is to be paid on request via HotDoc