Obesity is a disease of energy regulation that requires ongoing management just like any other chronic illness. Our Weight Management Program was developed to better support patients achieve their weight goals.
The program includes:
- An initial 12-week program tailored to your goals
- Weekly visits with the practice nurse
- Monthly reviews with your doctor
- Referral to allied health partners
- Education topics include:
- Exercise and food diaries
- Diet and meal planning
- Eating out
- Reading food labels
- Healthy snacks
- Recipe adaption
- Ongoing maintenance tailored to your individual circumstances.
This visit is to discuss the program and establish if it is suitable for your needs.
At the first visit, with both the nurse and the doctor, we establish your goals and work out a plan to follow over the initial 12-week program.
Weekly Nurse Visits
You will meet with the nurse every week to check in and check that you’re receiving the support you need to meet your goals.
Monthly Doctor Visits
Your doctor will review your progress every month and adjust your program as required.
Call the practice on 4284 4622 to book a weight management pre-program visit.